Postpartum Doula Support
adjective post·par·tum | \ ˌpōs(t)-ˈpär-təm \
Definition of postpartum – 1: occurring in or being the period following childbirth
For me, this does not have to be biologically. I am proud to support birth parents, adoptive parents, & surrogate parents. Here are some ways I can do that:
- Increase your confidence in caring for your newborn through hands on education
- Facilitate parent-infant bonding
- Knowledgable bodyfeeding support in your home
- Help prepare infant formula, as well as wash & sterilize bottles
- Cup, syringe, or bottle feed your baby
- Care for your baby while you shower, nap, or spend quality time with your older children or partner
- Bathe & change your baby
- Care for siblings to help partners spend time with their newborn baby
- Provide light housekeeping duties such as washing dishes, washing laundry, sweeping floors, making beds, & cooking nutritious meals
- Run errands, such as shopping for groceries, household items, baby clothing, & other necessities
- Teach parents how to use a breast/chest pump
- Provide emotional support & encouragement
- Provide referrals & resources as necessary
- & More!
All Packages include the following:
1 prenatal visit
Unlimited phone, text, & email support during the contract
Availability from the very first hours following birth or placement
*2 Hour shift minimum*
*Postpartum package & hourly rates increase by 20% for multiples*
Give Me a Hand
15 Hours. Customizable Care & Support. Assisting with the transition to parenting, settling in, & learning about how to care for your baby and yourself
We’ll Keep You Around
25 Hours. Customizable Care & Support. Extended availability, including the option of overnight support.
Please Don’t Leave
35 Hours. Customizable Care & Support. Extended availability, including the option of overnight support. Includes one 60 Minute Postpartum Massage, in the comfort of your own home.
You’re in the Family Now
45 Hours. Customizable Care & Support. Extended availability, including the option of overnight support. Can especially assist in the transition of one parent returning to work. Includes two 60 Minute Postpartum Massages, in the comfort of your own home.
à la carte
Customize & schedule your preferred amount of hours & services to meet your needs.
Postpartum Doula Customized and Add-on Hours – $40 per hour
Signed contracts are required. A retainer fee is required for all postpartum packages, amounting to 50% of the package rate. Payment plans for the remaining 50% can be arranged.
“I received Surge’s postpartum services as a gift from a close friend. Your service was exponentially valuable. You were kind, non judgmental, extremely reliable and fun. You helped me navigate my postpartum experience like an extremely knowledgable teacher and friend. You were a gift and you truly are a gift.”
– VF, Postpartum Doula Client